|Package Tour to Darjeeling & Sikkim
Nestling in the grandeur and beauty of towering snow-capped mountains; with the mighty Kanchenjunga (King of the Mountains) dominating the somber, snowy sentinels, lies a jewel of a town -- elegant, sophisticated and incredibly beautiful; the name of Tibetan origin means where Indra's thunderbolt or scepter rested, (Dodi-thunder bolt, Ling-place). In Sanskrit, the name, derived from the world 'Durjay Ling', means 'Siva of invincible prowess, who rules the Himalayas'. The official name of the town is Darjeeling.
The detailed itinerary mentioned in this website covers
Darjeeling, Gangtok, and Kalimpong , the tourist
destinations of Sikkim and West Bengal. The day wise
itinerary is designed in a way that covers all the
sightseeing points for each location in Sikkim and West
|Duration : 05 Nights / 06 Days
Destination : Darjeeling, Gangtok, Kalimpong
|DAY 01: NJP Railway Station / IXB (Bagdogra Airport) - Darjeeling
Arrival at NJP Railway Station / Bagdogra Airport. Transfer to Darjeeling (7100 ft / 110 kms / 03 hrs). Arrives & Check in Hotel. Evening free for leisure. Overnight stay at Hotel
DAY 02: Darjeeling
Early morning tour to Tiger Hills (at around at 4 am) to morning view sunrise over Kanchenjunga Peak (subject to clear weather) on your way back visit Batasia Loop & Ghoom Monastery. After Breakfast city tour of Darjeeling visit Padmaja Naidu Himalaya Zoological Park & Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (Closed on Thursday), Tea Garden (outer view), Tenzing Rock, Tibetan Refugee Self – Help Center (Closed on Sunday), Japanese Temple, Peace Pagoda & Ropeway (not operational only view point). Over night stay at Hotel
DAY 03: Gangtok
After breakfast transfer to Gangtok (5500 ft / 115 kms / 4½ hrs). Afternoon proceed for local half day sightseeing around gangtok city covering Jhakri Water Falls, Research Institute of Tibetology (Closed on Sunday & govt. Holidays), Do-Drul Chorten, Directorate of Handicrafts & Handloom (Closed on Sunday & Govt. Holidays) & Flower Show. Overnight at hotel.
DAY 04: Tsangu Excursion
Morning take an excursion to Tsangu Lake & Baba Mandir (12400 ft / 54 kms / 03 hrs). Evening back to Gangtok. Overnight at Hotel
DAY 05: Gangtok – Kalimpong
After breakfast transfer to local sightseeing covering Jhakri Water Falls, Ranka Monastery, Research Institute of Tibetology (Closed on Sunday & govt. Holidays), Do-Drul Chorten, Directorate of Handicrafts & Handloom (Closed on Sunday & Govt. Holidays), Nam Nang View point & Flower Show. Over night at hotel.
DAY 06: Kalimpong - NJP Railway Station / IXB Airport
After breakfast, transfer to NJP Railway Station / IXB Airport (85 kms / 03 hrs) for your onward Journey.
2 nights at Darjeeling, 2 nights at Gangtok, 1 night at Kalimpong
||Per extra person
||Child ( 6-12 yrs )
|Valid Upto Jan 2013
||5,500/=3,800/= without extra bed
||NORTHSTAR / SONAR BANGLA / HOTEL MARVEL / SHAMBHU / MOHIT/ HOTEL ANJALI
||JUNIPER TREE /ASIAN HEIGHTS / WHITE MOUNTAIN / SOYANG / BAMBOO GROVE RETREAT / / HERUKA / DOMA RESIDENCY / WHITE MOUNTAIN/ HOTEL ANOLA
||TRES / LILLIUM
1). While going into Pasupati Nagar the clients require an ID card stating Indian Citizenship.
2). Local sightseeing in Gangtok and the trip to Nathula will be in separate Sikkimese vehicles
Cost Does not include:
- Assistance on Arrival & Departure.
- Accommodation on twin Sharing Basis with Breakfast in all locations.
- Exclusive Non a/c vehicle for transfers & sight seeing.
- Air Fare/Train fare.
- Personal Expenses such as Laundry, telephone calls, tips. Liquor, boating & joy rides.
- Any other item not specified in “Cost Includes”.
- Additional sight seeing or usages of vehicle not mention in the itinerary.
- Guide & Entrance Fees.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blocks etc (to be borne by the clients directly on the spot).
- Service Tax.
Note : Please brief that vehicle will not be at disposable it will available as per itinerary only.
Important Points On Tour
- Nathulla operation is subject to road condition and availability of permits as only limited permits are issued 48 hour prior to the schedule tour. Nathulla Day Wednesday ,Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday Only (closed on Monday & Tuesday).
- Supplement for Nathulla will be (INR 4500/- or more per vehicle) by Tata sumo / Max. For Nathulla only 08 Pax are allowed per vehicle.
- Since Nathulla is a restrict area any time army can seal for security reasons. In such case tour will only be till Tsomgo Lake and Baba Mandir no refund will be allowed for unutilized services.
- People availing the services to Nathula, Tshangu Lake & North Sikkim (Lachung, Yumthang Excursion, Yumosomdong (Zero Point), Katau, Lachen, Chopta Valley & Gurudongmar Excursion) are requested to bring along with are : 1) 04 passport size photograph of each member traveling whether Adult or Children with their name written behind each photograph. 2) Photo ID proof in orginal of each member traveling whether Adult or Children. 3) A list mentioning the Name Age & Gender of all traveler family wise. Also note that incase of more than one family traveling together, please segregate the photograph & the photo copy of the Photo ID, family wise in a separate envelope. The mediumer envelope holding the details family wise will have to be put together into bigger envelope for all families and then sealed with the booking confirmation number written on top. For North Sikkim it should be a separate envelope & for Tshangu Lake it should be a separate envelope. After reaching Gangtok this document has to be handed over at the hotel counter.
- All transfers & Sight seeing will be done by exclusive Non-AC vehicles.
- Non-Ac Maruti Van / Wagan R / Indica / Santro / similar for 2- 4 persons
- Non-Ac Tata Sumo / similar for 4-8 persons
- Gangtok city tour will be done by Non-AC Maruti Van / Wagan R / similar only (04 person in a car).