|Package Tour to Darjeeling
Nestling in the grandeur and beauty of towering snow-capped mountains; with the mighty Kanchenjunga (King of the Mountains) dominating the somber, snowy sentinels, lies a jewel of a town -- elegant, sophisticated and incredibly beautiful; the name of Tibetan origin means where Indra's thunderbolt or scepter rested, (Dodi-thunder bolt, Ling-place). In Sanskrit, the name, derived from the world 'Durjay Ling', means 'Siva of invincible prowess, who rules the Himalayas'. The official name of the town is Darjeeling.
The detailed itinerary mentioned in this website covers
Darjeeling and Mirik Excursion.
The day wise itinerary is designed in a way that covers all
the sightseeing points for each location in Darjeeling.
|Duration : 3 Nights / 4 Days
Destination : Darjeeling, Mirik Excursion.
|DAY 01: NJP Railway Station / IXB (Bagdogra Airport) - Darjeeling
Arrival at NJP Railway Station / Bagdogra Airport. Transfer to Darjeeling (7100 ft / 110 kms / 03 hrs). Arrives & Check in Hotel. Evening free for leisure.
Overnight stay at Hotel
|DAY 02: Darjeeling
Early Morning at 0400 AM visit Tiger Hill ,famous for sunrise over Mt. Kanchendzonga, on way back visit Ghoom Monastery, Batasia Loop and back to hotel. After breakfast proceed for visit Mix points, covering The Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, PNZ Zoological Park (closed on Thursday) Tenzing Rock, Tibetans Refuge Centre (closed on Sunday), Tea Garden (outer view), Rope way, Japanese Temple, Ava Art Gallary & Peace pagoda. Overnight stay at hotel.
|DAY 03: Mirik Excursion
After Breakfast proceed for Mirik Lake Excursion (Boating & Horse Riding is available on direct payment basis) en-route visit Pashupati Market (Indo-Nepal Border). Evening come back to Darjeeling and overnight stay at Hotel.
|DAY 04: Darjeeling - NJP Railway Station / IXB Airport
After breakfast leave Darjeeling and proceed towards - NJP Railway Station / Bagdogra Airport (110 kms / 03 hrs) for your onward journey.
|TOUR COST: Per Person (In INR)
Valid till 30th Sept 2013
||Child Without Bed
|PROPERTIES USED IN THE PACKAGE
||Mayfair Hill Resort / New Elgin
||Itc Fortune Resort / Rj Resort / Hotel Viceroy / Hotel Cedar Inn
||Gymkhana Resort / Summit Grace / Anand Palace
||Krishna Residency / The Retreat / Sunflower / Travellers Inn / Hotel Garuda
||Hotel Northstar / Sonar Bangla / Hotel Marvel International / Shambhu / Hotel Mohit / Hotel Anjali
||Hotel Rukmani / The Beachwood Hotel / Rock Valley / Broadway / Yuma / Allice Villa
|02 - 04 PAX
||Transfer & Sightseeing by exclusive Non-Ac Maruti Van / Wagan R / Indica / Santro / similar
|05 - 08 PAX
||Transfer & Sightseeing by exclusive Non-Ac Tata Sumo / similar
Gangtok city tour will be done by Non-AC Maruti Van / Wagan R / similar only
(04 person in a car).
Package Cost Includes:
Package Cost Excludes:
- Assistance on Arrival & Departure.
- Accommodation on twin Sharing Basis as Per Plan.
- Exclusive Non a/c vehicle for transfers & sight seeing. Please Note that vehicle will not be at disposable it will available to guest as per itinerary only.
- All permit fees & hotel taxes.
- Air Fare / Train fare.
- Personal Expenses such as Laundry, telephone calls, tips. Liquor, boating & joy rides.
- Any other item not specified in "Cost Includes".
- Additional sight seeing or usages of vehicle not mention in the itinerary.
- Guide & Entrance Fees.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blocks etc (to be borne by the clients directly on the spot).
- Service Tax.
Note: One Tata Indica / Maruti Wagonr Only 04 pax One Tata Sumo Only 08 Pax are Allowed Including Child, If No Of Pax Traveling More Than 08, then Extra Car Cost will Be Applicable Depending upon the Group size.
The following points are to be noted for Child Rate:
- Children above 10+ years will be charged 100% as per Adult Rate.
- Children of 05+ to 10 sharing parent’s room will be charged as per Child Without Bed or With Bed.
- Children below 05 years Complimentary on accommodation basis.
(Hotels are very strict with the child policy. Please carry the age proof so that it can be produced when asked)
Note on Hotel used in the Packages:
- All prevailing State and Government taxes applicable on accommodation and transport. In case of any hike in the taxes a surcharge will be applicable.
- Suggested hotels are subject to availability at the time of booking. In case the same is not available, then the best similar category will be provided.
- The tour cost is not refundable at any cause, once tour starts.
- The tour manager / guide reserves the rights to make changes/detour or omit any place of visit, if it becomes necessary due to bad weather, bad road, strike or band and security reason.
- Tourist will carry their luggage at own risk and responsibility; Company does not hold any responsibility for any loss of luggage during the tour.
Note on Transportation used in the Packages:
- We have selected, combined & graded the hotels in a manner, so that the clients get similar of Standard/Budget of services & facilities at every destination / place of retirement.
- As the area is backward it is quite obvious that the constructions of the hotels are unplanned. This further means that almost all the good hotels are located in the city centers. These hotels may have the view of the building in the front, beside or behind them. As the services are under mark in the area and as mentioned above, we have made our hotel selection on the basis of SERVICES provided.
- For Extra Person Sharing the Room & Child with Extra Bed, almost all the hotel of our area provides MATTRESS and ROLL OVERS as a supplement to Extra Bed.
- In our area almost all the hotels do not have lift, so the guest have to climb stairs to reach their rooms. Incase the guest/s have problems with blood pressure, breathing, knee & heart or if they cannot climb the higher floors, we will request you to report this problem immediately so that we are careful in assigning Hotels which will be more convenient than the ones quoted/reserved for them.
- In a hilly area scarcity of water & electricity is a natural phenomenon. Everybody buys water for their day-to-day needs & have learnt to live even without electricity. In case of Load Shading, please We will that guest/s to bear with such situation. To overcome the water crisis certain hotels have fixed schedule for supplying hot & cold water.
- Hotel in Dlx & Standard/Budget Category have system of providing room heater on request & extra payment. This payment is not included in the cost & the user has to settle it directly with the hotels before check-out. The charge varies from INR 150.00 to INR 300.00 /night.
- The vehicle used will not be at disposal and will be exclusively used for the group as per the itinerary only (on point to point basis). It will change sector wise.
- As the area is backward & due to unwritten syndicate rules your vehicle & drivers will change for every transfer & sightseeing. These drivers come from remote places and are not educated in tourism etiquette and some of them do not know how to speak & behave. Kindly request the guest to be soft & gentle with their drivers.
- As the vehicles & drivers change always we request you to inform the guest to be very careful with personal belongings. Once left in the vehicle there is very little chance of you getting them back.
- Due to shortage in space for parking, please inform the guest that they will have to be ready on time & wait in the lobby. Due to uncalculated situations the vehicle reporting may get delayed. We will request the guest to bear with us and as soon as vehicle arrives the guest will have to get in, within few seconds, before the policeman blow his whistle.
- Due to vehicle-parking difficulty in the whole area, most of the areas are restricted to entry of vehicle & specific time is allotted for entries. Kindly request the guests to follow the time strictly as given to them. Incase of delays the vehicle will have to leave the hotel area without the guest & get parked in a parking area. In such a case, the guest will have to be transferred in a Maruti Van FOR WHICH THE COST WILL HAVE TO BE BORNE BY THE GUEST.
- Due to specified time for entry many of times your connecting destination vehicle may not be allowed to enter the town / hotel area. Under such circumstances you will be transferred from Bus stand / Taxi Stand to the hotel in Maruti Vans for which the driver of your connecting vehicle will make the payment.
- Incase the guest is opting for INNOVA as per the unwritten syndicate rule, INNOVA will do the main transfer & sightseeing of Kalimpong & Darjeeling only. Lachung & Pelling sightseeing will be done by NON AC Tata Sumo /Mahindra Maxx / Hard Top vehicle which may have front / side facing seat. Gangtok sightseeing will be done by NON AC Maruti Van /Indica/Wagon-R/Similar (one vehicle for every 04 paying Pax)
As per Motor Vehicle Act capacity of an INOVA/SIMILAR is 07 Pax including Adult or Child. Also while opting for INOVA please inform the guest to travel light with minimum baggage per person. In case of excess baggage the guest will have to opt for an extra vehicle for carrying the excess baggage. The cost for this will be collected directly from the guest.
Note on General Operations:
- The area is backward but rich in Nature and the facilities available cannot be matched to those available in the Plains and other developed destinations. Kindly inform the guest on this constraint of the area.
- Please note that our Executive will hold placard as advised by you, just outside the only exit gate of Bagdogra Airport.
- In case the passengers are arriving at NJP Railway station which has 02 entry & exit gate, please inform the guest that they will be meeting our Office Executive at the old exit gate (which happens to be the main gate also) holding placard in their name / or as advised by you.
- It is to be noted that incase, the guest is arriving by train in the late evening / night & are departing early morning, it is mandatory for them to spend a night in SILIGURI. In such situation of late arrival & early departure, if the client does not have a booking, then the client will have to wait at the Waiting / Retiring Room of the station. Our Executive will be meeting the guest at 0600 hrs in the morning for the meet & greet and arrival transfer. This has been planned keeping security factors in mind.
- In case of any Flight / Train Cancellation has effected the operation of the Tours then the Company will not be responsible for the same and the cancellation policy will be applicable.
- Tour start and end from Bagdogra (IXB) Airport / New Jalpaiguri Railway (NJP) Station. The 1st Day tour Meal starts with Dinner at the booked hotel & ends with Breakfast at the booked hotel, on the last day for all the booking. If the meal plan MAP / AP.
- Sikkim & Darjeeling is a hilly area & change is weather is a regular feature. It is advisable that light layer clothing should be carried always. In winters it is advisable to carry heavy woolens.
- Landslide is a common occurrence in hilly areas. EXPENSES INCURRED FOR DIVERSION, DUE TO THIS OR ANY OTHER REASONS WILL BE COLLECTED DIRECTLY AS PER ACTUAL EXPENDITURE INCURRED.
- Sightseeing Points remains closed on State Government & Bank National Holidays. The points which are closed are Research Institute of Tibetology, Handicraft & Handloom Showroom, Flower Show in Gangtok & Padma Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park, Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, Tibetian Refugee Self Help Centre in Darjeeling.
- People with knees, heart & blood pressure problem & having children below 05 years should avoid going to Nathula, Gurudongmar & Yumosomdong (Zero Point) as it could be of high risk & medical facility are also very poor.
- High Mountains sightseeing like Tsomgo Lake, Yumthang Excursion, Gurudongmar Excursion has to start early in the morning so that guest’s come back early. This is designed for your security as in the afternoon the weather gets cloudy & foggy throughout the year.